What are cookies?
Cookies are small files, typically of letters and numbers, downloaded onto a device when you access certain websites or emails. These are used to make websites work and allow a website to recognise your device.
Types of cookies
- First party cookies are cookies that are served directly by the website operator to your computer, and are often used to recognise your computer when it revisits that site and to remember your preferences as you browse the site.
- Third party cookies are served by a service provider on behalf of the website operator, and can be used by the service provider to recognise your computer when it visits other web sites. Third party cookies are used for a variety of reasons, most commonly used for website analytics.
- Strictly necessary cookies are required for the operation of the website.
- Analytical/performance cookies allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors to the website and to see how they move around within the website when they are using it.
- Functionality cookies are used to recognise you when you return to the website.
- Targeting cookies record your visit to the website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We may share this information with third parties.
Cookies may either be Session cookies or persistent cookies.
- A session cookie for a website only exists whilst the user is reading or navigating the website. Your computer will remove session cookies once the browser is closed.
- A persistent cookie for a website exists on a user’s computer until a future expiry date specified in the cookie itself.
Cookies that we use
We use the following cookies:
|Google Analytics||_ga,||Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website||2 years||HTTP Cookie|
|Google Analytics||_gid||Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website||session||HTTP Cookie|
|Google Analytics||_utma, utmb, utmc, utmz||These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.||Session||HTTP cookie (utma is 2 years)
(utmz is 6 months)
|–||CatAccCookies||This cookies is used to remember a user’s choice about cookies on the website. This cookie is set to the value of True when the ok, got it button is clicked||Session||HTTP Cookie|
|–||Lang||Remembers the user’s selected language version of a website||Session||HTTP Cookie|
|Csrftoken||Helps prevent cross-site request forgery attacks||1 year||HTTP Cookie|
However, due to their role of enabling usability, disabling cookies may result in the functionality of our website being affected on your visit. The information we get using cookies on our website is anonymous and incapable of directly identifying you.
You can manage your cookie preferences in your browser.
Follow the instructions provided by your website or mobile browser (usually located within the “Help”, “Tools” or “Edit” facility) to modify your cookie settings.
This page was updated on 25/05/2018.