Please read all of the below sections for more information on the Print Futures Awards. If you still have any questions, email us on firstname.lastname@example.org and we will try to help you.
Before you apply
Please consider before you make an application:
- Discuss your development and your application with your manager, mentor or HR department (where appropriate). Grants cannot replace or supplement employer's training costs and it may be that your organisation can provide funding for the training or development you wish to complete
- Please research the training or equipment you require before you start your application form as you will need to detail this within the application form and provide URL(s)
- Include VAT in the pricing for each item requested
- Please note, our preferred vendor for equipment is Argos. We ask that you check their website first for the cost of any equipment. We will only consider an alternative vendor where the item is not stocked by Argos or is significantly more expensive than another retailer
- We will ask you for a headshot photograph as part of your application, so please make sure you have one to hand. This headshot will only be used if you are successful in our Awards brochure. Please upload a photograph of your head and shoulders taken against a white background. We don't accept selfies and need a good resolution (minimum 1MB). Don't forget to smile!
Am I eligible to apply?
We want to hear from:
- Individuals studying for sector-specific qualifications
• Individuals already working in UK print-related organisations and looking to develop their practical and personal workplace skills
• Individuals with clear plans in place to take their first step into the sector
- There is no limit to the number of applications we can receive from one organisation
We ask that you are:
- Are a UK resident able to live and work in the UK
- Between the ages of 18-30 at the time of your application
What will you consider applications for?
We will consider applications for a wide variety of training, development, equipment and professional accreditations, where applicants can demonstrate they are beneficial to their workplace training and personal development.
- Please note, we cap laptop funding requests at £500.
- If you are requesting the renewal or replacement of a professional membership, item of equipment etc, please tell us how you have funded this in the past and why you are requesting the Charity’s support to do so now.
Is there anything you won't consider applications for?
Yes, we won’t support
- Incomplete application forms and cost breakdowns
- Previous Print Futures Award winners
- Studies overseas
- University tuition fees
- Funding a hobby
- Courses we feel your employer could/should be funding
- The awards are not designed to support business start-ups unless there is a clear and proven training element where skills are being passed on to new audiences (such as where there is a community benefit).
- The Charity does not support applications for living or travel costs for paid or unpaid internships where they are not confirmed. The applicant must have an agreed internship offer and provide a detailed breakdown of the benefit this internship will provide and how they intend to cover any shortfall in their living and travel costs.
When will I hear if I have been successful?
Shortlisted candidates for the interview stages will be contacted the week commencing 4th May 2020
Successful award winners will be contacted from 10th June 2020
This application form is our first impression of you – consider your answers very carefully. Shortlisting will be based entirely on your application.
IMPORTANT: you cannot save your application form so please complete your application in full. If you have a query with any part of your application form, please contact email@example.com. You will receive a copy of your submitted application from us via email.
In the future, Nina hopes to commission her own digital products and will use her Award for key training courses at UCL and the Publishing Training Centre to achieve this goal.
What’s on offer
These grants are for people joining the sector as well as those progressing in it. They aim to champion the diverse range of roles the sector offers and showcase emerging talent.
The Awards help fund recognised UK training courses in support of personal and skills development and are open to UK residents aged 18 to 30 years.
Plus all winners automatically join our Print Futures Awards Alumni programme. We want to keep in touch so you can let us know how you have used your award and how your career is progressing. We will also share opportunities we hear about through our industry partners.