Our sheltered homes
Our two purpose-built sheltered homes, Beaverbrook House in Bletchley and Southwood Court in Basildon, are part of our commitment to look after older people.
The homes offer independent living for people aged 60 years or over, who have worked in the industry and are retired or have a direct connection to the industry.
Residents live independently with the comfort of knowing that they are part of a friendly community, with access to support when needed.
residents in our sheltered apartments (on average)
Beaverbrook House has 32 apartments and Southwood Court has 40. Both homes are close to local amenities and have:
- self-contained apartments with kitchen and wet room facilities
- an on-site Home Manager, 9.a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday to Friday and weekend welfare checks
- 24-hour community alarm service
- off-street parking
- communal conservatory and gardens
- a programme of activities and opportunities for socialising, if desired
If you’re interested in applying to move into one of our sheltered homes, please call our Welfare and Wellbeing Team on 01293 542 820, who will arrange a visit for you to meet the Home Manager and check out the facilities.