Have a question about the Awards?
Am I eligible to apply?
The Rising Star Awards are open to:
- Those who have a ‘right to reside’ in the UK
- Those aged 18-30 at the time of application
- Individuals working in the print, paper, publishing, and packaging sectors
- Individuals studying for sector-specific qualifications
What will you consider applications for?
We’ll consider applications for a wide variety of development and training, including for personal skills and for practical skills outside those funded by your employer; professional accreditations; and chartered institute training.
What’s most important is to show us clearly, in your application, why, and how, what you’re applying for will be beneficial to your personal and career development.
- If you are requesting the renewal or replacement of a professional membership, item of equipment etc, please tell us how you have funded this in the past and why you are requesting the Charity’s support to do so now
- Applications should show that the grant will have been spent by the end of the calendar year, with training scheduled to be completed as soon as possible after that
- Please include VAT in your cost breakdown, where applicable
- We cap laptop funding requests at £500
Is there anything you won’t consider applications for?
We won’t support:
- Incomplete applications such as one-line answers on the forms and incorrect cost breakdowns (please include VAT in your cost breakdown)
- Applications from previous Rising Star or Print Futures Award winners
- Overseas study costs
- Flight costs
- University tuition fees
- Living expenses
- University/college project costs
- Applications that appear to fund a hobby
- Courses we feel your employer could/should be funding
The awards are not designed to support business start-ups unless there is a clear and proven training element where skills are being passed on to new audiences (such as where there is a community benefit).
The Charity does not support applications for living or travel costs for paid or unpaid internships where they are not confirmed. The applicant must have an agreed internship offer; provide a clear explanation of the benefit to their future career that this internship will provide; and detail how they intend to cover any shortfall in their living and travel costs.
2023’s Awards are now closed, but will re-open early in 2024. Please subscribe to our newsletter to be the first to hear more.
If your question isn’t answered here, please get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org
Get in touch
If you, or someone you know needs support, or you’d like to know more about our free, confidential helpline, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
To find out more give us a call on 01293 542 820
or click the button below.
Sign up for news and updates straight to your inbox.
Your information is safe with us and will not be passed on to any third parties.